Why Work at Hearth?
- A rewarding and purpose-driven career
- Attractive Remuneration
- Pathways for Career Progression
- Working with people who love what they do
- Flexibility in ways of working & working hours
- Learning & Development opportunities
Work at Hearth is rewarding, challenging, and meaningful. Our participants vary enormously in personality, age, cultural backgrounds, interests, goals, and disability. Among many things, shifts could involve community engagement, assistance with domestic tasks, personal care, behavioural support, and companionship. As a result, a “typical day” completely depends on the person you’re working with. Despite the diversity in the people we support, there are some things you’ll find to be consistent across the board:
1. We match you with participants based on your skillset, experience, interests, and personality.
2. Each person you support has a dedicated Relationship Manager, the primary point of contact for both yourself and the participant
3. You’ll support the same person or people each week and get to see the impact you have in helping them achieve their goals
4. You’ll be introduced to the people you could be supporting before you’re working with them 1:1, either by your Relationship Manager or an existing Hearth Support Worker, giving you and the participant choice over whether you’re a good match.
5. If specialised training is required, we make sure it’s specifically tailored to the person you’re working with
Hearth Allied Health was launched with the appointment of Fiona McAlinden as Director in January 2021 Our team of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physiotherapists operates in an interdisciplinary model of care. We value our staff and provide support, supervision, and access to professional development & conferences. Recruitment will be ongoing as we grow, so we are interested in hearing from Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physiotherapists who are interested in joining a dynamic team & committed to excellent service delivery. We’re also in the accreditation process for Positive Behavioural Support, and are offering careers for practitioners, with registration support available for the right candidates.
Head Office Roles
Hearth’s central team works to keep everything running smoothly for our support workers & participants. Roles in Recruitment, Finance, Compliance, Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, and Technology will be available occasionally, usually due to growth in the business. Whilst we may not be constantly advertising in each area, we always welcome expressions of interest – you never know what may come up in the future!
The Relationship Manager role sets us apart from many other support providers. Relationship Managers ensure that participants, their family members, support workers, support coordinators, and all other stakeholders have a clear & consistent point of contact. The role is unique – structured, but never boring – with excellent opportunities for professional & personal growth. Our Relationship Managers come from many backgrounds, including psychology, youth work, and disability support work, and our entry level roles can offer a perfect opportunity for the right Hearth Support Worker to make their first step into case management.
Current Opportunities at Hearth
Interested in joining the Hearth team? We have ongoing open roles for Support Workers at all levels of experience. Keep an eye out for our Relationship Manager positions, career paths into Allied Health, and other operational vacancies.
Support Worker Stories
Disability Support Work is a rewarding job that provides personal and professional growth. Here are some of our amazing Support Workers at Hearth.