Hearth Emergency Response Plan
Should any staff, participant or family member present with a temperature or symptoms that cause concern (in accordance with Victorian Health and Human Services Department Guidelines) such as fever, cough, sore throat or breathing difficulties an emergency response plan will be activated which includes the following steps:
- Immediate quarantine of the premises.
- Immediate notification/communication with relevant parties including Hearth Management.
- Immediate visit to a GP, local COVID-19 testing centre or hospital. Please telephone prior to presenting at the medical service to let them know you are coming.
- If severe symptoms are experienced, please call 000 and advise them that you possibly have COVID-19.
- Associated families and staff will be advised and asked to be tested if required.
- Participants and staff will self-isolate or stay at home as instructed by the Department of Health until test results have been received or after the self-isolation period.
For further information:
- The Department of Health and Human Services at https://www.health.gov.au/
- The National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.