Kirsty Ashley Appointed Senior Physiotherapist at Hearth Allied Health
We are super excited to announce the appointment of Kirsty to the position of Senior Physiotherapist!
Kirsty is a very accomplished and experienced practitioner having completed her undergraduate Physiotherapy training in New Zealand in 2004.
In 2005 Kirsty moved to Tasmania where she worked her way up to be a Senior Paediatric/Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist at the Northwest Regional Hospital until moving to Melbourne in 2012 to work in private practice where she has been for the past 9 years.
Kirsty is a bit of a ‘Jack of all Trades’ with experience in many different areas of Physiotherapy and a wide range of conditions and injuries. Kirsty has worked in the areas of:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes (Patient education program – Physiotherapy)
- Appetite for Change program development for pre-diabetics
- Cerebral Palsy (children and adults)
- Education Department (Early Intervention, Special Education, Inclusion support (Physio))
- Education of Teachers for children with Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Paediatrics
- Paediatric Drop-in Clinic (Multidisciplinary)
- Premature Baby Screening Project
- Biomechanics (children and adults)
- Gait Analysis (children and adults)
- Hydrotherapy (adults and children)
- Learning to Swim for children with disabilities
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Down Syndrome
- Bike Riding for Children with Disabilities
- Dance and Performance Medicine (children and adults)
- Pointe Assessment and Dance Screening
- Vocal Physiotherapy for Professional Voice Users and Performers
- General musculoskeletal injuries and Physiotherapy
- ICU and Emergency Physiotherapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation and Management
- Equipment prescription in Multidisciplinary Teams (Physio/OT)
- Prehab and Rehab for joint replacement
- Physiotherapy for Swimmers and Triathletes
Kirsty is very excited to be joining the team at Hearth and is looking forward to being actively involved in Heath’s client centric, goal orientated, holistic approach to supporting people with a disability.
In her spare time, Kirsty performs regularly in Musical Theatre and in commercials and on Television when opportunities arise. She has completed a Diploma of Musical Theatre and is currently working on her Diploma of Specialist Make Up Services (Film and Television).
On the sporting stage, Kirsty has many talents and has competed professionally in both swimming and triathlon and has many years of training in dance, aerial hoop and singing.
Importantly from a therapist point of view joining the Hearth Allied Health team will truly enable her to make a difference in the lives of our participants!
Once again Kirsty, congratulations and we look forward to your contribution to growing our dynamic new business venture.
Director Hearth Allied Health