Beautiful galleries, gardens, cafes, festivals, art therapy sessions
ABC Education brings you thousands of free, curriculum-linked resources for Primary and Secondary students and teachers.
Ability Works Australia offers a range of exciting and challenging employment opportunities for people with disabilities. These include working across manufacturing, packaging, logistics and warehousing areas. Working arrangements can be flexible and tailored to meet your needs.
AAA Play is a program which program funds organisations to work at a community level to develop inclusive sport and recreation opportunities for people of all abilities. These organisations promote and encourage a range of sport and recreation opportunities across the state, from basketball, cricket, and Aussie Rules to soccer, sailing, and lawn bowls. The website will help you to find different sports activities suitable for your skills, ability and interests.
Take a trip to the beach with Melbournes range of wheelchair accessible beaches. Accessible beaches have ramps and beach matting that make it easier for wheelchair users to enjoy our beautiful coastline
Active Monash believes that everyone has the right to be active – regardless of abilities. They offer a range of activities including:
• Active Abilities: This class welcomes children with disabilities. Focus is on fitness, strength, building confidence, making friends and having fun
• All Abilities X-Trainer: Cross-training class, incorporating boxing, circuits and fun exercises designed to be enjoyed by adults of all abilities
• Aqua Lite: A basic water workout that is fun and caters for all abilities
• Water Therapy: Gentle water exercises in the 25-metre pool for people with MS, Motor Neuron Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Cancer, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Asthma and chronic pain conditions
• Walking Group: meet at the café and enjoy the fresh air. Will run all weather conditions
• Teen Fit: Group exercise class for children aged 12 plus. These classes are run in the gym and group exercise room and welcome children/teens of all abilities.
Auskick is an Australian Football League (ALF) junior program, designed to develop basic skills and coordination. AllPlay will help you to get ready for Auskick, teach you about the AFL, and show you some of the skills you will be learning. You can download social stories to help you learn about busy crowds, playing in groups, noise, how to cope when things don't go right, and how footy works. AllPlay is also a great resource for parents and coaches.
Garden beds for rent on annual basis. Plots not always available
Variety of projects (can do your own or help with community ones), and tools are provided
Discos for all ages and abilities, carers are free